- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 cups Hershey chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of milk (or 2)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend the white sugar, brown sugar & melted salted butter together until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Stir in flour, milk, and then chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. (it really depends on the oven you’re using…you’ll have to try to know the time needed).
Result = 19 palm sized delights
SN: I baked it for 10 minutes, took it out to take a look and put it back in the oven for a good 3-4 minutes.